HTML 5 & CSS for Youth
Friday, Sep 29, 2017 – Friday, Dec 15, 2017
5:30pm – 7:00pm
This course introduces youth to the nuts and bolts of HTML (HyperText Markup Language), the programming language used to create web pages. They will learn what is HTML ? How it’s structured ? and learn the major tags and features of the language.
Discover how to format text and lists, add images and flow text around them, link to other pages and sites, embed audio and video, and create HTML forms. Additional tutorials cover the new elements in HTML5, the latest version of HTML, and prepare you to start working with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS).
- What is HTML?
- Using HTML tags and containers
- Understanding block vs. inline tags
- Controlling line breaks and spaces in text
- Aligning images
- Linking within a page
- Using relative links
- Working with tables
- Creating progress indicators with HTML5
- Adding buttons and check boxes to forms
- Applying CSS
- Optimizing your pages for search engines
- Building document outlines
The course runs once a week at MCC.
Event LocationMississauga Code Club, 3195 Erindale Station Rd Unit # 205
Mississauga, ONTARIO, L5C 1Y5