May 20 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm$250
What are the learning goals of this course?
- Program animations through sprite objects and the draw loop. By doing this, they will move sprites across the screen, and animate other sprites properties.
- Gain a deeper understanding of variables, especially boolean variables as well as conditional statements.
- Learn how to use the comparison to determine when a sprite has reached a specific point on the screen.
- Learn how to use the keyboard to input data. Students will write a program that takes keyboard input from the user to control sprites on the screen.
- Learn to manage properties to set velocity and rotation speed directly. They will learn how to use these properties in different ways to build up the skills they need to create a side scroll game.