- This event has passed.
February 22, 2020 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 1:30 pm on Saturday, repeating until April 4, 2020
Option 2: Jan 10, 2020 from 8:00 pm to 9:30 pm
Project-Based Python will run once a week for 12 weeks at MCC.
According to various articles on the new programming trends, Python is becoming the world's most popular coding language, used in web Development, Automation, game development and AI. Moreover, Python is becoming the default language for Data science, and Machine Learning, and that is another reason many experienced programmers are learning Python.
This new Project-Based Python course reflect the growing demand and interest in Python now and in the future. The course builds on what youth learners have already accomplished in learning coding concepts such as strings, loops, functions, lists, dictionaries, drawing..etc. to achieve the following learning goals:
- Youth will have a great opportunity to practice and implement what they learned by solving problems, and building games and application.
- Learn how to use list, dictionary and files to write complex codes.
- Learn effective debugging and testing strategies for Python projects.
- Youth will be introduced to the concept of Object Oriented Programming (OOP).
- Get exposed to real competition exercises to prepare them for University of Waterloo Canadian Computing Competition. Participation in such competition serves as a great asset to include on youths' academic portfolio.
Who can register?
Any youth 12+ with good knowledge in Python programming (variables, input / output, loops, conditions, lists, functions and be with Turtle library)