March Break STEMP Camp 2020
March 16 @ 8:00 am - March 20 @ 5:00 pm
March Break 2020 - for kids 8 to 14
The March Break Day Camp program at Mississauga Code Club is carefully designed to provide a unique, fun, and creative experience through STEM learning, and group activities. At MCC, different topics from Web Development to Coding & Robotics will be the theme of each day to suit the wants and needs of your camper! Each day of the March Break will have a theme to guide the daily activities and interactions. This flexible design allows parents to register children for one day only, a couple of days, or all five days of the program. To ensure there will be no repetition or overlap and all programs stay unique, different activities will be run each day.
How the day will look?
The camp day starts at 9am and ends at 4pm. Throughout the day, we ensure that campers will receive at least four hours of instructional material based on the program they are registered for. However, we understand the importance of getting away from a computer screen and physical activity. As a result, we will have many exciting and fun games that work on building the confidence, teamwork, and leadership skills of your camper! The day will start off with an enjoyable activity to introduce everyone and get warmed up. Instructional blocks are split up into 1 hour – 1 hour and 15-minute blocks. In between each block will be a snack or lunch break with a couple of games to get everyone moving in a more open space. The end of the day will be an open conversation among counselors and campers to discuss the important topics of digital safety (each day will have a different topic).
- Monday: As the day theme is Digital Arts and Photo Editing, Kids will learn how to create attractive visuals including photographs for print and online by using various photo editing and manipulation techniques and software. Kids will learn how to use drawing tools to create their own shapes, story, posters and more.
- Tuesday: The theme of the day is Web Design. Kids will learn how to code with HTML & CSS. Participants will discover what HTML and CSS are, how they work, and how they can tame them in order to build your first website from scratch!
- Wednesday: The theme of the day is Coding and Programming. Kids will learn coding and programming through drawing shapes, creating video games and animation.
- Thursday: The theme of the day is Robotics. This theme will give kids the opportunity to Learn the basics of small circuits. and conclude the day by building your own hand-built robotic project such as a lamp, a fan, or others. By joining this one day camp, kids will have opportunity to understand the logic behind these intelligent g systems.
- Friday: The theme of the day is Virtual Reality. Participants will discover the hardware, history and different applications of Virtual Reality. Learn the basics of 3D graphics, how we create objects and how to lay them out to create and navigate a 3D environment.
Parents are assured that their kids are engaged in high quality learning activities, and social interactions. We look forward to working with your children while they are learning critical STEM skills, and building friendships with peers from diverse backgrounds.
MCC Day Camp runs from 9:00am - 4:00pm. Do you require extended hours?
*Do you require extended hours? We offer extended hours starting from 8:00am to 9am and from 4:00pm to 5:00pm. $10 per day.
There are three options in terms of registration:
- Want to just try out one day at MCC? Sign up for one day for 85$
- Want to sign up for more than one day but not all? Sign up for multiple days for 80$ extra for any additional day
- Want the full MCC package (All 5 days of the week and a March Break STEAM Certificate)? Sign up for a flat rate of 375$