Python Physical Computing for youth 12+
September 20 @ 7:45 pm - December 6 @ 9:15 pm$270
Option-2: Sept 21 @ 1:30 pm - Dec 7 @ 3:00 pm (Sold out)
Python Physical Computing for Youth 12+
This program builds on what youth have learned in summer 2019 and earlier. They will continue their journey with Python Fundamentals, by building more games, and add more features to their games. Youth will also be introduced to the world of CircuitPython, by learning how to light up the LEDs on the Circuit Playground Express. They will learn how to program its buttons to light on and off; or even play a tune. Moreover, youth will learn the concept of events in Python programming. Youth will use CircuitPython to design and build their projects. CircuitPython is an easy and friendly language to program hardware devices.
So if you already have Python knowledge, you can easily apply it in your creative projects.
Youth will learn the following physical computing skills::
- Design and build games.
- Creating multilevel game.
- Access individual NeoPixels.
- Program the LED to make Rainbow colors, and code to play tune
- Use light and temperature sensors
- Use shake event, touch event and on press button even
Youth will learn the following coding skills:
- Variables, loops and forever loop
- Print statements & Serial monitor
- Conditions with if, elif and else
- Functions and methods
Who can join?
Any youth with basic skills in Python (for, if conditions, variables, Input/ Output) can join this course.